Sunday, August 2, 2009

Our Purpose

This is an excerpt from Beth Moore's Blog found here.

“I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills His purpose for me.” Psalm 57:2 ESV

Here’s what God is using that verse to say to me right now: When I’m in a really hard and hurtful situation, somehow the present difficulty of it overrides my conscious thought that God is going to use it in my life and then through my life. Not one time in my entire tenure on this planet has He ever failed to turn around and use the hardship for good. NOT ONCE. Not when I gave Him enough time and cooperation. Yet, in the midst of it, I often can only hang onto Him for dear life while we ride the wave to shore and then stand there in the aftershock and look like I’ve just been on the spin cycle of a washing machine. Afterward, when He invariably turns it into some kind of maturity, intimacy, insight or ministry, I think, “Why didn’t I just trust Him for that at the time??? Why did I have to take it so personally and injuriously?” I want to learn to CONSISTENTLY claim the victory right there in the worst of the pain or crisis. At the very moment that I’m crying out to God Most High for help, as the psalmist says, I want to proclaim that He’s smack in the middle of fulfilling His purpose for me. Challenging stuff.

There are several of us in this same situation that Beth is speaking about in this expert. God has shown me many times personally that every situation, place, and timing were for His purpose; most of the time it is for nothing more than for His and His Son's glory (John 11:4). Although He has shown me that there is a purpose in everything, I do not always remember this during the midst of a trial. It often comes to me afterwards. May we strive to remember to "...cry out to God, who fulfills His purpose for us!" I hope this brings forth encouragement for you as it has me.

0 comments: