Saturday, February 19, 2011

Double Chocolate Layer Cake


I would like to take a moment to thank Angela for this decadent recipe! It is the best chocolate cake I have ever made and possibly the best one I have ever eaten. I made it for Ross on Valentine's Day and it turn out great! He said it was restaurant worthy; which definitely means I will be making it again. Speaking of V-Day, my Sweets left 8 roses under the windshield wipers on my van, 1 rose was in my car seat being held by a Teddy bear (my childhood dream-that a boy would give me a Teddy bear holding a long stem red rose) and the other 3 roses he left in each of his daughters' car seats. There is a story behind the roses under the windshield. Not too long after Ross and I met, he left a single pink rose under the windshield on my car at work. There was a guy I worked with that was semi-stalking me so naturally I thought it was him. When I got off work, I went back to my dorm and told my friends who I thought it was from. After telling them, I went down to the main lobby (leaving the rose with my friends), and one of Ross' friends asked what was wrong. I said nothing, and he said, "Was it the rose?" I said, "What rose?!" He said, "The rose Ross put under your windshield." I said, "No, nothing is wrong." I quickly came up with a reason to leave and ran upstairs to tell the girls what happened, BUT when I rounded the corner, there it was! Ripped into a thousand tiny little pieces. The rose. All over the hallway floor. I gasped, explained what really happened, cracked up laughing and drove as quickly as I could to buy a replacement rose. I totally pulled it off too. Ross never knew...until I told him. Later. :) It made for a much better story to tell. I hope you all enjoyed your Valentine's Day!! Our family enjoyed a nice dinner at home with BBQ Pork Tenderloin, Gingered Purple Cabbage, and Crescent Rolls. I made Rice Krispie Treathearts for the girls. To make these, just make Rice Krispie Treats with Strawberry Marshmallows and cut them into heart shapes. Ross and I put the kids to bed and enjoyed our Decadent Double Chocolate Layer Cake, just the two of us. All-in-all it was a good day.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Ok. That is gorgeous. Waaaaaay prettier than mine! Isn't it good??! So happy to share that recipe. Yummy!

Gary said...

Team India New Jersey

Cricket World Cup 2019 All Team Squad

IPL 2019 Match Schedule