Monday, May 5, 2008

Ethiopia at Heart

Zach and Erin received their referral for the sixth member of their family today. They are adopting a little baby boy from Ethiopia, Africa. Wednesday marks 14 weeks of waiting, and they received their referral today! I am so happy for them. Their baby is absolutely beautiful. It is amazing how marvelous our God is! He instills in each of us the power of love, that reaches far beyond our family, friends, Continent, and oceans. I count myself blessed to embark on this journey with them, and to call them my friends. CONGRATULATIONS Zach, Erin, Easton, Catherine, and Sophia!! I can't wait to meet your new baby boy/brother!
As you know, Abigail isn't healthy. Ross and I have been struggling for quite some time with knowing if we should have anymore biological children. God has laid it upon our hearts to adopt from China, but we were planning on doing this after our fourth child. A perfect example that our plans aren't always the Lords plans. After seeing Zach and Erin's baby, and the unknown of the seriousness of Abigail's disease; I have a peace about waiting for a daughter from China. The Lord has placed before me a couple of circumstances this week that have pointed me in that direction, but that little boy's beautiful face may have been the little "nudge" that I needed. I long for the day that I can hold my (as my girls would say) "China baby" in my arms and call her mine.

1 comments:

The Harris Family said...

I am looking forward to that day with you!